Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill Review
|Product Name:||Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill|
|Features:||1.A convection cooking mechanism 2.Simplification and accessibility with Gear Trax™ 3.Grates with porcelain coating 4.Temperature monitoring 5.Burners made using stainless steel 6.Easy lighting with electronic lighter 7.Moving the grill and holding it in place 8.Warming up additional dishes|
|Pros:||1.Inexpensive and value for money 2.Large cooking area 3.Sturdy and durable design/construction 4.Easy to assemble 5.Additional work-space 6.Easy to move around 7.Accurate temperature management|
|Cons:||1.The construction of the individual parts does take some bending and adjustment fit together 2.Need matches for side burners|
Reviewed by Denis Lubojanski
Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill Review
The Char Broil 4 burner grill is the right one for those who are looking for a powerful and functional barbecue grill having a range of features. As you read this char-broil classic 4-burner gas grill review, you will know more about what this particular charbroil 4 burner grill has to offer and what makes it a powerful and compact device.
The key specifications and features that come with this Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill are as follows:
A convective cooking mechanism
With the convective cooking system, indirect cooking and grilling at low temperatures is possible. All you need to do is close the lead for getting low flare-ups and even heat.
Simplification and accessibility with Gear Trax™
With Gear Trax™, it is possible for you to purchase and add tool hooks or condiment baskets at the side shelves of the grills for easier accessibility.
Grates with porcelain coating
With porcelain coating on this grill’s cooking grates, it is easy to clean them. It adds to their rust resistance as well, thus prolonging their lifespan.
With the temperature gauge mounted on the lid, it is easy to monitor the temperature of the grill as well as track the pre-heating status.
Burners made of stainless steel
Its four 12,000 BTU burners are made of stainless steel, which helps them withstand large amount of heat and last longer.
Easy lighting with electronic lighter
The ignition lighter makes lighting the grill easier. So no matches are required, as all you need to do is press a button.
Moving the grill and holding it in place
The grill has four wheels that make it easy to move around. Among the four wheels, two of them are locking casters that are used to stabilize the grill once the machine is locked in.
Warming up additional dishes
Side-burners are provided alongside the main grill so that you can warm up side dishes and sauces as you grill the main dish. This place can also be used as an extra-work space by keeping the lid on it.
Maintenance and Cleaning
This grill’s cooking grates are easy to clean due to the porcelain coating on them. Anyone who has used a grill before will understand the value of that. They also rust significantly less. Apart from regular cleaning, the rest of the grill is quite easy to maintain and no special steps are required as far as maintaining Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner goes. However, remember the below-mentioned factors:
- There will be brown or black colored accumulations on the grill, which should not be mistaken for paint or smoke. Its interior is never painted at the factory and it should not be painted in the future as well. To clean these areas, a solution of water and detergent is required.
- The painted surface of the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill do not require any special cleaning. Moreover, any oven cleaner or caustic grill cleaner should not be used on the surface. All that is required here is a wash using mild or non-abrasive cleaner.
- For the plastic parts, washing them with just warm, soapy water is required. Allow them to dry once that is done. No abrasive or grill cleaner should be used on these areas; else, it will permanently damage the grill.
- The stainless steel surface should be cleaned only as per the instructions to maintain the appearance of the grill. For this purpose, use a mild detergent along with warm and soapy water. After every use, wipe the grill using a soft cloth.
- For cleaning the grease deposits, the use of an abrasive plastic cleaning pad is advised. But this should only be used along the direction of the brushed finish to avoid any damage. However, this is not meant for areas that have graphics.
Some of the advantages of using the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill are:
- Inexpensive and value for money
The Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill is a large grill and still, it is an inexpensive one. This feature makes it a value for money product. As compared to its size, the output of heat is also fairly great.
- Large cooking area
It offers over 480 sq. inches of cooking space along with 660 square inches of grilling space.
- Sturdy and durable design/construction
The Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill has a sturdy construction and if used correctly, it is guaranteed to last for a long time even with everyday peak usage.
- Easy to assemble
All that a single person needs to do for assembling the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill is read the manual once, take a screw-driver and get to work. It will not take more than 2 hours to set it up and begin using it. All instructions are elaborately given with the necessary diagrams.
- Additional work-space
Apart from the standard work-space that this grill and its burners provide, it also has side shelves that are made of metal to offer additional space for working.
- Easy to move around
As noted above, the grill has 4 wheels with 2 that can be locked. This makes moving it around hassle-free and setting it up at a single place an easy task.
- Accurate temperature management
With this grill, there is no need to guess or estimate the temperature, thanks to the accurate temperature gauge of the grill that makes this simple and convenient.
Although the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill has many great features and uses, a few disadvantages that come with this grill include:
- Although there is an electric ignition system, the same is not true for the side burners, so you will need matches or a lighting torch for lighting them.
- The construction of the individual parts does take some bending and adjustment fit together.
- The exposed back along with the hanging grease trap are an issue for those who have to roll the grill in place before each use, since it can cause spillage quite easily.
Ease of Use
As explained earlier, setting this grill up takes just one person with a screwdriver. It can be done in less than two hours. Taking a single look at the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill’s manual will help you know how to assemble this grill properly.
Its stainless steel control panel and lid make it easy to use and clean. The electric ignition of this grill provides a simple and easy startup. Overall, it is a user-friendly grill for those looking to buy their first long-lasting 4-burner grill.
The Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill’s burners are covered by a 5-year warranty and the firebox has a 2-year warranty. All of its other parts, including the lid, are under a warranty period of 1 year.
Value for Money
The porcelain coating, extra-work space, easy to maintain and clean, and cooking surface make it a product worth the money spent on it. What adds to the value of this grill is the fact that it consumes very little amount of gas and can work great with natural gas as well- a simple conversion kit is all it takes!
Availability of Replacement Parts
Majority of this grill’s parts can be obtained directly from the manufacturing company’s website itself. They can also be purchased from any major retail store that sells grills and burners.
Overall, the Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill is quite a useful and functional grill for both beginners and advanced users. This amazing grill comes with a host of features, including extra-storage and work space at a reasonable price. For those who want a durable and functional grill that serves many other needs in the kitchen; (or wherever you are looking to grill and cook your favorite meals), this 4-burner grill is one that is worth considering.
- Question: Are all the hoses provided with the unit?
The unit comes with everything that is required to begin using it post assembly, except the gas tank. All parts are sent as separate pieces, so assembly is required before using the grill.
- Question: Can the unit be converted to be used with a natural gas line?
This grill can be converted into gas, provided the right conversion kit is used. Char Broil lists the right kit to be used for this purpose on their website at http://www.charbroil.com/accessories/cook/natural-gas-conversion/natural-gas-conversion-kit-2269888.
- Question: Can charcoal be used with this grill by removing the tank?
This grill is not designed for using charcoal, so such measures should not be taken in order to use charcoal.
- Question: How bad are the rust issues with this grill?
The advantage of using quality materials along with porcelain coating is that this grill does not suffer from rust issues, even after years of continuous usage!
Read More Customer Reviews